[rescue] Anyone interested in a Sun E3000?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 29 11:28:20 CST 2006

>From: William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
>Date: 2006/11/29 Wed AM 09:46:27 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Anyone interested in a Sun E3000?

>Doug wrote;
>>
>> I had to measure [the E3000] because it's not actually in a rack,
>> but no, it isn't on wheels, either.
>>

>   Installing the E3x00s is cool: they arrive on a tiny pallet, with
>these two foam ramps faced in masonite (or whatever) that the CPU rides
>down to the floor.
>
>   'Course, then you have to hoist the thing up into the rack...but
>those little ramps sure are cute, and the pallet is a dandy size for the
>workshop.

The E450s shipped like that as well - I got one from anysystem.com in just such a box, I saved the box figuring I'd *NEVER* be able to ship the E450 if I didn't have that case/ramp/etc...

I was neat to see, but over time I have come to the conclusion that my E450 may wind up like "Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel" [0] and remain with this house if/when I ever move...

Lionel

[0] Kid's book, a great story about re-purposing older equipment... See http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/features/mike_mulligan/