[rescue] Anyone interested in a Sun E3000?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 28 15:12:46 CST 2006

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2006, at 3:38 PM, mpickering at mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a Sun Enterprise 3000 that I would like to get rid off.  I'd
>> like to get $50 for it but I'm flexible.
>>

> Does anyone know how tall this is?  I have a spare 1/3 cabinet (14U) I
> might be able to spare but it might be taller than that.

I just measured mine as 16.75"W x 25.5"H x 18.5"D, plus there is a
triangular steel beam "bumper" at the lower rear of the chassis which
protrudes a further 6".  (It's there to protect cable connections and
the like on the rear of the machine.)

Incidentally, ...  16 drive bays on the backplane?  That's curious,
because mine has ten.  (Plus two bays for 5.25" devices in the top of
the chassis.)

--
 Same geek, same site, new location