[rescue] DLT drive dead want to replace without rebooting

Brian Deloria bdeloria at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 11:32:12 CST 2006

Nothing is using it right now, nor will it be.  There isn't anything else on
the chain.

Only problem is trying to determine if I bought the right drive, I assumed
it was LVD however I'm not entirely sure now that I have the drive here.

The terminator has a part number of 150-1890-02 which shows up on a number
of products such as the L280 and that is shown as using a Differential SCSI
controller.

Here's a quick dump of the cfgadm -lav
Ap_Id                          Receptacle   Occupant     Condition
Information
When         Type         Busy     Phys_Id
c0                             connected    configured   unknown
unavailable  scsi-bus     n        /devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3:scsi
c0::dsk/c0t0d0                 connected    configured   unknown    SEAGATE
ST373405LC
unavailable  disk         y
/devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3:scsi::dsk/c0t0d0
c0::dsk/c0t1d0                 connected    configured   unknown    SEAGATE
ST373405LC
unavailable  disk         n
/devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3:scsi::dsk/c0t1d0
c0::dsk/c0t6d0                 connected    configured   unknown    TOSHIBA
XM6201TASUN32XCD
unavailable  CD-ROM       y
/devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3:scsi::dsk/c0t6d0
c1                             connected    configured   unknown
unavailable  scsi-bus     n        /devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3,1:scsi
c1::dsk/c1t2d0                 connected    configured   unknown    SEAGATE
ST39173WC
unavailable  disk         n
/devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3,1:scsi::dsk/c1t2d0
c1::dsk/c1t3d0                 connected    configured   unknown    FUJITSU
MAE3091L SUN9.0G
unavailable  disk         y
/devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3,1:scsi::dsk/c1t3d0
c1::rmt/0                      connected    configured   unknown    EXABYTE
EXB-85058SQANXR1
unavailable  tape         n        /devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3,1:scsi::rmt/0
c2                             connected    configured   unknown
unavailable  scsi-bus     n        /devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 2:scsi
c2::rmt/1                      connected    configured   unknown    QUANTUM
DLT8000
unavailable  tape         n        /devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 2:scsi::rmt/1
c3                             connected    unconfigured unknown
unavailable  scsi-bus     n        /devices/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 2,1:scsi

Thanks,

Brian