[rescue] For all the Model M keyboard fans:

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 21 09:22:20 CST 2006

Mon, 20 Nov 2006 @ 20:04 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> Here's the "rubber dome" one that I got off eBay:
> http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/9608/subcatid/0/id/102865

Well, obviously they did make them.

I'm glad I never ended up with one, because I did buy some from that
time period.

Something I'll have to remember in the future when I get more.

> Right now on all my Macs I'm using Unicomp USB "Customizer 104"
> keyboards that have the Windows key(s) - they easily remap to the
> Mac-specific keys.

Just curious: why did you get rid of the Tactile Pro?

Are you trying to use a uniform keyboard on all of your machines?

> The "old" keycaps have a more textured surface and are slightly thicker,
> as far as I can tell.

That depends on how many times you've pounded them... :)

My Model M is still fairly well textured, but is slowly starting to turn
slick in spots.

Other keyboards I've had went slick in under a year.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The determined programmer can write a
FORTRAN program in any language." ]