[rescue] Indy & LCD

Ian Viemeister sun-rescue at ian.viemeister.com
Mon Nov 20 10:05:57 CST 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> Anyone had luck booting an Indy with a Dell LCD (or any other, for
> that matter?) I have a 20" one that supports pretty wild configs, but
> can't get my Indy to boot with it attached. I don't have any tube
> monitors anymore to try. I have used this monitor on HPPA & SPARC
> boxen just fine.

What sort of 13w3 adapter are you using?  The only thing most 13w3
adapters have in common is the coxial RGB bits, and the standard Sun
layout for the monitor type sense pins is very different than what the
Indy is expecting.  Take a look at this old post on classiccmp for details:
http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctech/2003-November/021585.html

> Also, will it spew on the console port, or do you have to set
> something in the boot prom to run headless in order to get output on
> the serial port?

no keyboard == serial console

An old Mac-modem serial cable should work.

--Ian