[rescue] Indy & LCD

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon Nov 20 09:18:34 CST 2006

> Also, will it spew on the console port, or do you have to set
> something in the boot prom to run headless in order to get output on
> the serial port?
> --Brooke

Make sure you have a ps/2 keyboard connected to the keyboard port, or else
it will default to serial port #1 (a mac style connector).

It is sync-on-green, although some video cards from SGI allow you to
override some of the settings in the PROM. Not sure how flexible the
Indy's video card is in this regard.

It might be a matter of pinout as well. I've heard some of the 13w3 to VGA
cables for Suns don't work on SGIs, and vice versa.