[rescue] Book rescued

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Nov 18 00:49:01 CST 2006

Fri, 17 Nov 2006 @ 18:47 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 07:41:26PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I "rescue" old computer and related books, and this is my newest
> > addition. I found this one on ebay, though I rarely find them there. I
> > have to run long-term searches to get them most of the time.
>
> My favorite "rescues" or book purchases:
>
> "IBM's 360 and Early 370 Systems"
> "IBM's Early Computers"
> "Engineering and Operations in the Bell System" (1977 and 1984 editions)

I picked up a DVD that a guy makes and sells on ebay.  It's a couple of
IBM videos from the 50s.

One of them is a documentary on SAGE and BRAIN, the other is a series of
interviews and information on computer intelligence.

The SAGE video is really good, showing SAGE in operation, and models of
the typical SAGE blockhouse, and demos of its operation.

Anyway, I've got some other targets for book and I just patiently search
and gather over time.

I also have tons of product information from the 1980s.

I can't wait until I am old and crusty, so can I frighten kids by
showing them ads for 4K RAM expansions.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.