[rescue] DEC keyboards

Thu Nov 16 13:51:05 CST 2006

> Also, BSD tends to abstract busses out of the rest so the code can be
> shared in different architectures.  For example, PCI is used by
> Alpha, sparc, and i386.

Yes, and that gives a false imprsesion of some code.  For example, the
SBus code is outside arch/ so it's usually thought of as MI, even
though it never gets used on anything but a SPARC and thus really is MD
code in some senses.

>> The most convenient for me is the 1.4T I froze at in 2000; [...]
> I could never stick with a release that old though.

I'm not saying anyone else should.  But that's when it became
unignorably clear NetBSD was going in a direction I didn't want my own
playing-with machines to go, so that's when I stopped following.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca