[rescue] DEC keyboards

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 15 23:59:47 CST 2006

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 @ 18:38 -0500, der Mouse said:

> >> NetBSD can deal with all of those differences without #ifdefs.
> > Without them literally, but the idea is the same.
>
> Yes.  NetBSD doesn't #ifdef stuff per-machine (for the most part);
> instead, they simply build different source files for different
> machines.  The only difference, really, is where the maintenance
> hassles lurk.  Compare the size of sys/arch/ with the size of the rest
> of sys/ sometime....

On my FreeBSD machine, sys is 100MB, the arch dirs are around 8MB.

Alas, I have removed my /usr/src on NetBSD because I'm out of space
there.

What is the ratio there?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.