[rescue] FS: SGI Indigo 2

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 15 22:11:12 CST 2006

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2006/11/15 Wed PM 09:18:55 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] FS: SGI Indigo 2

>On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:49:12AM +0100, Paco Linux wrote:
>> > According to
>> > http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/sgidepot/indigo2.html, one of
>> > these would go for about $300 with hard drives included
>
>BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>
>I *gave away* oh, 12-15 Indigo 2s a couple of years ago.  I had a hard time
>GIVING THEM AWAY for FREE.
>
>I think something that says an I2 is worth $300, is either outdated or
>smoking something *really* good. 8-)

Outdated is my guess, but he does include an O/S license with the box, IIRC, and with Irix a license doesn't follow the CPU...

Still, I did caough a bit at $300 for an Indigo^2 - I honestly think you will be lucky if you get any folding money above shipping for such a box, unless it is very special (like high RAM, big HDs, exceptional graphics, etc.)

Lionel