[rescue] DEC keyboards

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 15 14:54:11 CST 2006

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 @ 18:36 +0200, Meelis Roos said:

> > Solaris/intel and Solaris/sparc aren't the same OS any more than a Ford
> > Mustang and a Ford Taurus are the same car.
>
> Well, I would consider Solaris/anyplatform the same OS (like
> Linux/anyplatform, BSD/anyplatform etc). But this is still irrelevant in
> case of serial ports because serial port hardware is different and so
> the serial drivers have to be different and there goes the "same OS"
> practical argument.

I don't agree.

Even with different hardware, most OS try to be fairly uniform.

I thought it was obvious that I meant there should not be any
fundamantal differences in the tools and the overall serial support.

If both hardware platforms support XYZ, then both OS versions usually
also support XYZ.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every