[rescue] FS: SGI Indigo 2

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 12:11:34 CST 2006

Hi everybody.

I've had this machine lying around for a long time, and I'm ready to
get rid of it. I'm not using the thing, and I'd rather it went to one
of you than some random guy on ebay.

It's a SGI Indigo^2 R10000 Impact; no hard drive or hard drive sleds.
I've plugged it in and powered up, and the hardware appears to be
fine. I can get as far as the prom monitor, but without a system disk
I can't get anything more. The case looks fine, some minor scratching
on the top. Here's the full specs, as taken from the machine's 'hinv'
command:

System: IP28
Processor: 195 Mhz R10000, with FPU
Primary I-cache size: 32 Kb
Primary D-cache size: 32 Kb
Secondary cache size: 1024 Kb
Memory size: 256 Mb
Graphics: Solid Impact
Audio: Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 1.1.0

Like I said, I want to get this out of my room, so I'd like maybe $50
+ shipping. According to
http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/sgidepot/indigo2.html, one of
these would go for about $300 with hard drives included, so I think
that this is a pretty decent deal. I am open to trades if you have a
microVAX or an Alpha lying around, and I'll talk prices with you if
$50 seems unreasonable.

John Floren
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn