[rescue] x86 power question

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 15 09:45:00 CST 2006

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 @ 02:47 -0500, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Tue, 14 Nov 2006 @ 18:02 -0500, Sridhar Ayengar said:
> >
> >> 70?  75?  Who cares?  Is the machine making me substantially more
> >> productive than my old machine did?  Maybe.  Enough to justify that kind
> >> of increase?  Probably not.
> >
> > That depends heavily on what you do for a living.
>
> I code for a living.

Well, that could mean an 8-bit Atari would be enough for you.

If you do things like video editing, write games, 3D visualization, and
a host of other things, the latest video cards might not even be enough.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]