[rescue] DEC Terminals, was Re: DEC keyboards

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:11:14 CST 2006

Steve Jones wrote:
> Sridhar wrote:
>> [VT5x0 terminals] break backwards compatibility with the older
>> series.
>
> How? Do they not faithfully emulate earlier DEC terminals? Is it a
> question of the other emulations that are/aren't present?

They supposedly have complete emulation of VT320 and VT420.  However, in
practice, I've found that on many OS's codes that work fine on a real
VT420 don't work well at all on a VT520.  It's been quite a while since
I've done it, but if you're interested, I can hook my VT520 up again and
work out which ones were pissing me off so much again.

Peace...  Sridhar