[rescue] x86 power question

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 09:28:59 CST 2006

On 11/13/06, velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have another x86 box I can use to run the bootable Seagate
> tools to test the disk directly connected to an IDE chain, and I don't
> think the Windows based Seagate tools will work on drives connected
> via a USB or FW bridge.

I borrowed a laptop from a roommate last night and put one of the boot
disks into a USB cannister, and Seagate's tools id'd it.  No problems
were found, but I didn't complete the surface scan (it was only at 11%
done after 7 hours *ouch*).  While not 100% confirming, it's a strong
indication that the mobo IDE is fsck'd from the sagging power.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions, folks.  I dunno if I'll be
rebuilding as an x86 box, or buying a TeraStation Pro.

=Nadine=