[rescue] IBM xSeries 345 noise?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 9 14:12:08 CST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I have a couple of stupid cats, I dont know if they could FIGURE OUT
> a cat door.

One of our cats is deaf, mostly blind, and suffers from Cerebellar
Hyperplasia[0] (she staggers around like she's drunk) and she manages
the cat door.[1]  Based on experience with the cat pan with a flap, I
removed the flap from the cat door.  (It's only going between two
rooms, not outside, so the flap isn't needed.)  Having food on the
other side probably didn't hurt.

-DanD

[0]  The symptoms resemble antifreeze poisoning so her tag says she has
CH if she were to somehow manage to get outside which is pretty unlikely.
[1]  She's not very good at grooming, eating, or drinking because it
takes several tries for her tongue to connect with whatever she's
trying to lick but she's a friendly cat and seems happy enough and
isn't suffering or in pain or anything.

# One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.  -Lazarus Long