[rescue] Digital Unix 4.0d

McGrath, Joe Joe.McGrath at dcalni.gov.uk
Mon Nov 6 02:43:47 CST 2006

Hey there,

We have an old Dec Alpha server with a corrupt /user directory -
our
engineers have told us we need a copy of the OS - digital Unix 4.0d - to
rebuild it and get the app up and running again.

Unfortunately we don't
have a copy here, HP are looking for a copy and
the software company are
looking for a copy.

I posted on Arstechnica asking if anyone had a copy and
I was pointed
here.

I have also enquired of nearby universities etc to see
if they can help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Joe McGrath
I.S. Section
Public Record Office of Northern Ireland
-------------
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and
intended
solely for the use of the individual or the entity to which they
are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient the email and any files
have been transmitted to you in error, and any copying, distribution or
other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment
on
behalf of the Department Of Culture, Arts and Leisure.

You are advised that
both incoming and outgoing emails may be monitored
and recorded. Whilst we
have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that
this email and any
attachment has been checked for viruses, we cannot
guarantee they are virus
free and we cannot accept liability for any
damage sustained as a result of
software viruses. We would advise that
you carry out your own virus checks,
especially before opening an