[rescue] advice on rescuing an e10k

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Nov 3 12:40:29 CST 2006

Thu, 02 Nov 2006 @ 10:01 -0500, Ethan O'Toole said:

> > The drive is dead.
>
> RIP. Pour a 40.
>
> You need another backup drive? I've got a 7 slot DLT thing that has your
> name all over it.

How big is it?

The main problem with tape is that good sized, reliable tapes are
expensive.

The only thing I can do for now is backup to an external hard drive and
make redundant DVD copies of critical data.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.