[rescue] Biggest drives (and SVM) in a U60?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 31 16:38:33 CDT 2006

Wed, 31 May 2006 @ 12:31 -0400, Nick B. said:

> And pray tell the difference between "linux" and "some third party's
> actions"?

Linux is only a kernel, and if you say "Linux developed X" then the only
thing that makes sense is that you mean the Linux developers did the
work.

Everything else is a seperate project, thus a third party.  That means
if it isn't in the kernel, then it was not developed by "Linux".

I just wanted to know who did it.

As it turns out, what the OP is talking about is the BFS driver for
Linux and it was developed by a Linux developer.  Actually, three of
them did different implementations: Martin Hinner, Tigran A.  Aivazian,
and Andries Brouwer.

>From what I can tell, all three projects are dead now.  The last file
date I can see for Brouwer's version is from late 2004.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]