[rescue] Biggest drives (and SVM) in a U60?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon May 29 23:50:33 CDT 2006

Fri, 26 May 2006 @ 11:34 -0400, Nadine said:

> But that is a practical decision, and much different from collecting
> stacks of things that "might be useful".  You are hedging against a
> real concern.  I think about the quantities of things I have kept, and
> compare it to the ridiculous amounts of things I've seen other geeks
> keeping.  I *know* I have a problem, but it pales in comparison to
> some.

I eventually figured out that keeping spares for my old machines was
costing me more than getting a newer machine that has more readily
available parts.

There are exceptions of course, but a lot of the time you reach a point
where you could save money, time, and stress levels by dumping the old
stuff that is getting hard to support.

If I had more room, I might increase spare count a little, but I've
finally managed to dump most of the "it might be useful" stuff.

Of course, occasionally I have dumped stuff I should have kept, so it is
a learning experience over time.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Work for something because it is good, not
just because it stands a chance to succeed." -- Vaclav Havel]