[rescue] blue iMac and Verizon DSL

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu May 25 13:15:25 CDT 2006

" From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
"
" Bill Bradford wrote:
" > SBC doesn't even give you a choice - but at least the modems they send out
" > []
" >
" > I can't complain though, 3/512 for $18/month.
"
" Not bad.  That's about half what we're paying Verizon for 3/768 quoted
" (3.4/864 actual, last time I tested it).

how did you test?

" On the other hand, they won't give us a static IP unless we buy business
" service.  Which is more than twice the price and comes with no better
" TOS.  (But at least they unblock port 80....   the gripping hand is,
" another $40 a month isn't worth it for port 80 when I can proxy it
" transparently through 81.)

i'm paying galaxy $10/mo for static ip and dns for my domain.  or at
least i should be; i haven't seen my first month's bill yet...

that's on top of $20/mo for 768/128 + voip.