[rescue] sunfreeware

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Wed May 24 20:01:33 CDT 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:46:35 -0400, Jeff Cole <jeff at flambe.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 02:37:39PM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:
>> Is anyone else  unable to get to http://www.sunfreeware.com?
>
> Just use the mirror redirector at http://sunfreeware.mirrors.tds.net/
>
> --It's not working because:  Due to Federal Budget problems we have been forced to cut back on the number of users able to access the system at one >time. (namely none allowed....)

I sure hope that's your signature. :-)

Not to be snide or anything, but I've used Blastwave ( http://www.blastwave.org/ ) ever since I couldn't find a number of things on SFW, and I haven't really gone back since.  I did have a problem with xmms from the "unstable" tree not being able to play OGG files with the vorbis library that came in the unstable tree, but trying again with the stable tree fixed that.

The other nag is having to add another directory to your path ( /opt/csw/bin ), but once that's taken care of, it's rather good.