[rescue] VME bus Suns?

jwb-tech at picarefy.com jwb-tech at picarefy.com
Tue May 23 17:36:19 CDT 2006

> I believe the 4/200 (Sunrise) and 4/100 (Cobra) CPUs were actually SPARC
> V6. Remember they were announced in 1987 and 1988. The floating point
> processor was, in theory, optional. Don't know about 4/300 (Stingray)
> and 4/400 (Sunray) - they may very well have been V7.

Regardless of whether FP was onboard or not at the time, there was an
extremely funky FP daughterboard available for the 4/2xx. IIRC, it's on
this horrible tower built up of socket extenders. Unfortunately, the one I
have is buried in storage, so I can't just go check.

Yes, I'm still here. :)

--James B(irdsall)

PS: Stay tuned, I'm hoping to have a 2/120 available before the end of June.