[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Sat May 13 22:37:02 CDT 2006

> No idea.  It could be this is all done client side and bitmaps just
> shipped over...

Well, I don't know what XRender provides, but base X font handling
*can't* do antialiased fonts.

>> In particular, xterm fails to render some monospaced fonts properly,
> Hmmm... really?  I've not seen that --

I have.  Not charcell fonts, which may be what you're thinking of, but
monospaced fonts which aren't charcell, yes.  (The difference between
monospaced and charcell is that a charcell font has all pixels of each
character inside the box implied by the ascent, descent, and width; a
monospaced font has the same width for each character but may have
pixels outside that box for some - or even all - characters.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca