[rescue] even larger disks in a SSA

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue May 9 18:17:17 CDT 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Steve Sandau wrote:

> Patrick Finnegan wrote:

>>> Bummer.
>>

>> 2Gb fiberchannel is about 250MB/sec - slower than U320 SCSI...
>
> On the upside, 250Mb/sec is still much faster than the NFS mounts I use
> at home over 10Mb ethernet... probably close to the speed I'd see out
> of
> 100Mb ethernet NFS mounts, even...

*nod*  It's _all_ perspective and application.  While you can
substitute a fast storage device for almost anything there are a lot of
times you need space more than speed.

> As for the array, 'dd' is still chewing on the 146G drive. No errors
> yet, but no count of blocks either. I ran it with 'time' in front of it
> just for grins.

*chuckle*

So we'll be getting the results sometime over the next 72 hours?  ;-)

Mike Hebel
----
I met a lone man in the desert, a traveling priest, Nicholas D.
Wolfwood. He smiled and then he told me that I'm a troubled man. Faced
with his all seeing smile there was nothing I could say in my defense.
Did I meet this man because I was destined to or, was it simply by a
small jest of God? The man's name is Nicholas D. Wolfwood, a traveling
priest I met in the desert. - Vash