[rescue] even larger disks in a SSA

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue May 9 17:52:15 CDT 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

>>> That's 250M *bits*/s, or about 30MB/sec
>>
>> Bummer.
>
> 2Gb fiberchannel is about 250MB/sec - slower than U320 SCSI...

2TB of slow storage is _still_ 2TB.

Damn spoiled youngsters!  In my day we had 64k of max program space on
the PDP-11/44 and WE LIKED IT!  ;-)

Mike
----
I was dreaming Rem. Everything was so horribly dry, there on that
planet, even people's hearts. As I watched the people who lived there
from far away, I kept wondering why they went on living, how they kept
on living. Rem, listen to me Rem. I did a bad thing. I did a bad thing.
Tell me? What should I do? - Vash