[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri May 5 09:42:04 CDT 2006

Fri, 05 May 2006 @ 03:33 -0400, der Mouse said:

> > One thing I have found lately is that the quality of the fonts when
> > KDE is running is making it hard for me to go back to vanilla X
> > window managers, because they don't have support for that.
>
> What window manager you're using really has nothing to do with the
> fonts (other) applications choose to use.

I didn't say they did.

Read again: "because they don't have support for that."

Running a vanilla window manager means you don't have a full desktop
environment, which these days usually includes code to improve font and widget
rendering.

> Unless, I suppose, the KDE window manager has some private protocol it
> speaks with applications that has some bearing on fonts, which I
> suppose is possible but would be truly bizarre.

No, it is the other parts that come with it that provide support for quality
font and widget rendering.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]