[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Fri May 5 02:16:33 CDT 2006

At Thursday, May 04, 2006 7:47 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Linux RAID and LVM work very well, and filesystems like XFS and JFS
> are nice to have, and ext3 with journaling and btrees is very nice as
> well.

Whereas every time I've tired to get Linux RAID to work, I've ended up
with dead filesystems every time. Every distro I've tried, every
architecture I've run on, every kernel variant. I finally gave up. I can
live with software RAID under Solaris and even Windows, but IME Linux
RAID kills filesystems dead.

I'm also none too enamored with ext3fs. XFS, on the other hand, rocks on
toast.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Homepage: http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/