[rescue] Sun2 graphics?

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Fri May 5 01:51:13 CDT 2006

Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
> I recently acquired a Sun Model 347 Graphics Tower.  This appears to
> be a separate graphics box that attached to a Sun via a thick cable.
> I haven't been able to find any information on this yet, so I'd
> appreciate any information anyone might have on it.  I can find it
> listed on some "for sale" lists on various reseller sites, but I
> couldn't find any documentation at sun.com.

I did find the following two documents (installation manual and a section of
the SS10 system handbook) by Yah00ing (didn't try Sun's onsite search). I
hope they might help you.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/800/800-5258/html/TOC.html
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SS10/GRAPH_GT_Grph_Subsys.html

I've been looking for a Graphics Tower Subsystem for myself, but didn't have
one show up near here yet. Alas I don't have much to spend on my hobbies, so
having one shipped here (from outside Germany) is as out of the question as
is buying one; I'll have to wait until I stumble across one which is in
immediate need of rescue so I can argue why that next big heavy piece of
scrap absolutely has to be stuck in my room.

cu,

--
Arno Kletzander
Stud. Hilfskraft Informatik Sammlung Erlangen

Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft f|r 0,- Euro*!