[rescue] Small (2U) enclosed racks?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 4 12:23:14 CDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:36:19PM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> Some time ago I made some cases myself for 5th hope. Got the parts from
> Parts express, and the wood from the hardware store:
> http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/trips/5thhope-NYC-July-2004/
> I used the wrong kind of wood I think, so it's a bit softer than it should
> be. But I had no issues and they were deep enough to hold servers :-)

http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/trips/5thhope-NYC-July-2004/box_builing_skills/racks2-b.jpg

Woah, *nice*!  I may have to look into that, and just put a front/back door on
them (to cut the noise) with some small ventilation holes or a fan..

The problem with this server (the Sun T1K) is the insane fan noise.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas