[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 42, Issue 9

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed May 3 18:42:20 CDT 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Michael Dombrowski wrote:

> What about an amd64 system then? For ~$350+tax you can
> get a 1.8ghz AMD64 w/2.5gb ram(4gb max), 100gb disk,
> cd, etc. Platform snobbery aside, is there really
> *any* (used/new/etc*) system for the same price that
> can touch it performance-wise?

But will it run anything other than 'doze or the latest Humonga Core
release?  I've had quite a time trying to find reasonably-priced PC
equipment that will run BSD with a reasonable subset[0] of its
peripherals supported.

[0] Network and storage would be a nice start.
--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Humans that lose the capacity to think become
Elgin, TX          (    creatures whose existence has no value."