[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Wed May 3 10:29:07 CDT 2006

> And the "fan boy" comment was just rude.  A large number of
> engineering shops are using Sun hardware, will continue to use these
> "outdated" machines for the foreseeable future since it just works and

Sorry you took it that way. It wasnt meant to be offensive.

I just seems to be "fan boyish" to recommend a $200 Sun over a $200 PC
because the PC uses "teeny little processors." Yeah, a $200 dual Xeon,
will run most end user compute-intensive applications far, far faster
than an Ultra 60. Somehow Xeons and Athlons are "teeny little
processors" because they aren't slow?

-- Aaron Finley