[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue May 2 21:04:36 CDT 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006 Javi Mahai <lefa at ucsc.edu>@ucsc.edu wrote:

> On Tue, 02 May 2006 16:27:42 -0400
>  Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
>
>> If you look at a U2 or U60 mobo the first thing you
>> notice is that there
>> are hardly any capacitors, just chips.  Chips last much
>> longer than
>> capacitors and are more resistant to environmental
>> changes.
>
> Hum... there are plenty of capacitors in a U60 motherboard
> :-) I think this is hte oddest comment I have read
> regarding comparison of comptuational machinery in a
> loooooooong time.

Indeed!  -I- always thought they were stable because Suns use a
"full-circle" architecture.  Should you assign a increasing sequence of
numbers to A through Z such that A = 1 and B = 26, (S + U) mod 26 = N.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Humans that lose the capacity to think become
Elgin, TX          (    creatures whose existence has no value."