[rescue] best rackmount Sun (used) for $1k

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Jul 31 10:06:30 CDT 2006

Bill offered the very practical thought:

> Buying *additional systems* is way cheaper than a support
> contract nowdays. 8-)

   True, true, and so-called "unsupportable" systems should be _more_
available for cannibalization as places like my job sheds ours. *rubs
hands gleefully*

   But I think the OP also said it was for low-end production use, and
no one wants to be Marty Feldman showing the jar labelled "Abby Normal"
to their boss, you know? :7)

   Mind you, I just got my first two "Cool Threads" servers and I'm
itching to get into the Data Center and set them up. Mwa!

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator