[rescue] best rackmount Sun (used) for $1k

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jul 31 00:39:06 CDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I had a pair of first-rev 280Rs where we replaced everything but the
> *chassis* (as in, steel and plastic) and we *still* had problems with
> them randomly panicing, etc.  They were the non-Cu 900Mhz units,
> though.

BTDT with a Blade 1000 (same basic system).  Seems that some of the
system boards like to eat memory modules quickly enough that replacing
memory doesn't seem to fix the problem unless you replace the system
board at the same time.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"