[rescue] best rackmount Sun (used) for $1k

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jul 29 22:50:35 CDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 08:56:12PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Slightly faster processors, probably get it for a bit less as an
> individual (I have gotten deals from the salesmen when I call - no
> problem, usually don't even have to ask). Any Anysystem.com is "Good
> People" (as several on thelist will attest.

Definitely.  I've got a loaded D1000 sitting on my living room table right
now (along with PCI SCSI card and cables, and three ducks!) that arrived
from John Butler & Co. last week.  John and his folks are Very Good People,
and have been SunHELP supporters for the past six or seven years.

(how many other vendors are there where I can call up *directly* and speak
 to the owner if needed?)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford