[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook  users

Sat Jul 29 17:07:10 CDT 2006

>> [...] Folks annoyed by the pop-ups will take the path of least
>> resistance and unsubscribe I suspect,
> Excellent.  What's the downside?

Losing people, of course.

Much as I dislike Outhou^H^H^Hlook, I see a downside here.  See below.

> I don't actually care what MUA people use if it behaves, but when
> their choice of MUA interferes with my enjoyment of email and news,
> I'd rather they just went away.

Yes, there is that.  But these putative people would not be going away
entirely, just leaving our list.  If they were dropping off the net
altogether, you might have a point, but most of the ill effects of
their choice of software provider will still be felt, while we will
lose any good effects they may have for us.  (And I think approximately
all the people here bring good effects, or at worst neutral; unlike
most lists I'm on, I can't think of anyone I wish would just drop off
the list.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca