[rescue] best rackmount Sun (used) for $1k

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sat Jul 29 17:17:16 CDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 18:06, Peter Corlett wrote:
> If by "Sun SPARC-based machine" you actually mean "please, anything
> but a nasty x86 box" you might be able to score an Xserve for that
> sort of money.

No, it must run Solaris - but thanks for the idea, I admit the Xserves
look nice...

I am doing more and more with Zones and unless absolutely required to
run Linux, use Solaris (though usually on Opterons).

Which of the suggested machines (Blade 1000, 420R, 280R) have the best
memory bandwidth and lowest memory latency?

--Patrick