[rescue] irix 6.2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jul 27 20:00:28 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, tom paflitzko wrote:

> hello, i need some help in finding the correct version of irix 6.2 to
> run on an indigo 2 impact 10000 computer rescued from the dumpster.i
> have tried to load ver 6.2 on this machine and it would not run.this
> version runs fine on my older /slower indigos,i have heard that this
> ver of 6.2 that i have will not support the 64bit structure of the
> newer indigo2 10000,does any one know if this is true?

The discs will list the machines on which the distribution is supported.
I've seen two sets of IRIX 6.2.  One has support for Challenge S /
Challenge M / Indy / Indigo 2 / Power Indigo 2 / Indigo 2 with R10000.
The other has support for more of the older systems, but not for R10000.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"