[rescue] scsi id arrangements on plextor ultraplex

Dimitar Vasilev dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 02:16:42 CDT 2006

Hello all!
Could some one send an image link for proper scsi id arrangements and
termination for Plextor 32 TSI in a Sun machine?
I got mine cd with 3 taps behind, 1st attached to the 1st jumber up up in
the most left corner , 2nd and 3rd catching 3,4 and 5,6th jumpers as pairs
from the scsi id part.
This is a link to my current config on the machine -
http://www.oldbone.net/ultra60-cd
As I see on
http://www.plextor-europe.com/technicalservices/support/faq/ISCSI.asp?choice=FAQ,%20tips%20and%20tricks&language=English&printer=False#SCSI-ID%20Configuration
I need to leave the first pair of jumpers free and tap the next two pairs to
get scsi id6, which my machine wants.
Problem is that I tried to boot off several cdroms (Solaris express, solaris
10 update 2, original release 10) and spits them that they are not
executable

ok boot cdrom
Boot device: /pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3/disk at 3,0  File and args:
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

MD5 was ok, files are seen when mounted under FreeBSD/Windblows, except for
miniroot, which I presume is on a hidden partition.

/pci at 1f,4000/scsi at 3/disk at 3,0

imho should be the plextor at target 3, target 0,

Else unit uses the orange led to indicate it's functioning and the green
when there is a cd in it.
No such problems as ejecting disks as in my failed one.
I suppose it's something small, but as my experience with scsi is limited I
can't say what I'm missing.
To note: I have not tapped the termination jumpers - i.e they are not
terminated. Don't know if I should or not.
Thanks in advance!
Happy week-end.
--
4X\Xbj` 2PaX[UR
Dimitar Vassilev

GnuPG key ID: 0x4B8DB525
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint: D88A 3B92 DED5 917E 341E D62F 8C51 5FC4 4B8D B525