[rescue] How to move an IBM SP using a minivan..

Chris Brandstetter sirloxelroy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 13:08:44 CDT 2006

Couple Pointers from me :-)  One, I have moved a Sun 6/370 in the back
seat of a 2Door VW Fox (Killed the Struts).  But I bought a Ford
minivan (Aerostar) after my Subaru Station Wagon was killed by a drunk
driver (It was parked is the sad part).  Anyways, the seats are
removable and when you do they bars that they lock into make great tie
down points as they are strong and attach to the frame.  I have moved
2 qty 6 foor relay racks at once (Steel not aluminum), 4 qty 7 foot
four post racks ( 2 at a time) and 2 qty 4 foot racks.  This is in
addition to all the servers, and printers, and Etc... I have moved in
the van.  It works like a charm, one thing I've thought of adding was
a "headache wall" , a steel and wire mesh behind the front seats to
prevent headaches from getting hit by stuff in the back.  My poor van
has moved so much stuff it isn't funny.  :-)