[rescue] How to move an IBM SP using a minivan..

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Jul 19 16:50:28 CDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 4:46 PM, Rox wrote:

> On 18 Jul 2006 at 13:38, Francois Dion wrote:
>
>> If you think about it, a minivan is designed to move 8 adults + stuff.
>> Assuming 200-250lbs per person, that is definitely more than that
>> server. 7 or 8 seater wagons tend to make good haulers too.
>
> I have to wonder if any of the people who move hardware this way have
> ever considered the kinetic energy of 800 pounds of server travelling
> at 60 mph, and what it would do to the front seat and driver in the
> event of a frontal collision.

We risk all for our love of hardware.  ;-)

Mike Hebel
----
I was dreaming Rem. Everything was so horribly dry, there on that
planet, even people's hearts. As I watched the people who lived there
from far away, I kept wondering why they went on living, how they kept
on living. Rem, listen to me Rem. I did a bad thing. I did a bad thing.
Tell me? What should I do? - Vash