[rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Jul 19 10:13:01 CDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> I run Firefox 1.5 on my desktop machine (old 1 GHz dual P III PeeCee,
> 512 MB RAM running NetBSD) and I have to restart it every other day
> because it eats all RAM. 512 MB is plenty for a PeeCee running NetBSD,
> but Firefox makes the machine use up to 512 MB of swap.

I have a firefox extension that lets me restart firefox from the menu.  I
have a firefox extension that restores all my tabs when firefox starts
back up.  If I had the time and knowledge I'd write an extension that
would activate the former either once a day or when my system was
idle (detect screensaver or monitor sleep?  I dunno)

Yes, this is a half-assed solution to fix a problem that should have been fixed
by now.  *grumble*

-DanD

# I used to be indecisive; now Im not sure.	-GRAFFITI