[rescue] Acard SCSI -> IDE Adapter

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sun Jul 16 23:51:10 CDT 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Didn't DEC previously make solid state SCSI storage?

Yes.

Back in the days when they were making RZ27 and RZ28 drives here
in Colorado Springs, they were also making 512MB solid state SCSI
drives.  This was before I worked at DEC but I had a couple of friends
at the time who did.  They were very expensive and used in extreme
environments like fighter planes.

I wanted one so badly.  Their throughput was limited by the SCSI
interface but their seek times were beautiful.  I wanted one for
my swap space.

-DanD

# Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.
#     -Thomas Jefferson