[rescue] DAC960

alex at lava-net.com alex at lava-net.com
Sun Jul 16 20:52:05 CDT 2006

Hi All,

Sorry for the off topic, but I just got ahold of a compaq drive array
with a mylex DAC960 pci raid card (not exactly sure which dac960, just
that it's one of the single channel ones).  It'll eventually make it
into my linux server but I currently have it installed in a machine
running win2k pro.

My question is has anyone gotten the Mylex GAM software to work under
windows 2000? I downloaded the software kit v2.00 with gam server 2.20
and client 2.15.  I installed the gam driver, server, and client, but
when I run the client and try to do anything related to the controler it
says there isn't any controler in the system and asks if I want to scan
again.  When I say yes and go back into controler view or one of the
other options it comes back with the same message.  The service is
installed/started and everything seems to work on that end, but there's
nothing of any value in the event log.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
I've tried to get GAM running a couple of times before this on various
versions of windows 2000 with the hp netraid rebranded dac960s with the
same result, but those times I figured it was a problem with the
slightly different firmware on the netraids.