[rescue] Hardware failure

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 15 21:51:34 CDT 2006

>From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>Date: 2006/07/15 Sat PM 04:20:32 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] Hardware failure

<snip>

>I was looking around for replacement motherboard/CPU combos and found
>that there's rather little AthlonXP hardware still on the market.  It
>seems it's almost all Athlon64 now, but what really surprised me was
>that the remaining few AthlonXP bundles I managed to find were actually
>more expensive than Athlon64 bundles at the same speed.
>
>Signs of the times, I guess.

I just put one of these combos together, but I don't think the CPU is compatible with your application (though I must plead ignorance on the subject of AMD CPUs - I haven't knowingly used an AMD CPU since I built a box with the "totally awesome" AMD 586 chip, with the expanded 16 K cache... (think it was referred to as the 486++ CPU - used on some SunPC boards for SBUS bixes)

Lionel