[rescue] Acard SCSI -> IDE Adapter

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 11:05:24 CDT 2006

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:38:12AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
>
>> When I find my bits box, I'm going to try it on a CFIDE adaptor, a
>> Zip and LS120 drive just to see if they work, with the full
>> expectation that they will. A solid-state SCSI disk would be cute.
>
> Didn't DEC previously make solid state SCSI storage?

I don't remember if DEC ever did, but there has continuously been a
market for solid-state SCSI storage since the advent of SCSI, and there
still is one.  There are a couple of companies out there making ones
with flash or battery-backed RAM.  The RAM-based ones are much more
expensive.  I believe the largest capacity one out there right now is a
3.5" drive with 300+GB.  There are 2.5" ones out there too, for use with
those 2.5" hard disk arrays that are becoming popular in some places.

Peace...  Sridhar