[rescue] Acard SCSI -> IDE Adapter

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Jul 13 12:29:55 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 01:31:12PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has ever used an ACARD SCSI->SATA adapter.
> It's a bit expensive, but from it's documentation, it looks like an
> interesting board.

I know that someone else used it on rescue.

I bought one.  I tried something severely unsupported with it. I have a
7720UW and was trying to use a CD-RW on Irix.  They don't support Irix
so much, and they didn't recommend CD-RWs or DVD-RWs on that model (they
recoomended either a 7720U or 7726 for those puposes).  It didn't work
for that.  Tech support said that it might work if I updated the
firmware, but no guaranty, but I didn't have any machine handy that
could do the update.

I'm now planning to use it in an officially support context (a harddrive
and Solaris), but haven't gotten an OS installed on that machine yet.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/