[rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jul 11 11:59:01 CDT 2006

" From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
"
" Patrick Finnegan wrote:
" >>>> Recommendations ??
" >>> Sounds like a great system to run Debian on (but then again, I do
" >>> run it on almost everything that can...)
" >> On an "original' Pentium (not P2, P3, or P4)? Ugh.
" >
" > I've had it running on a P90-based EISA system so I could use a
" > digiboard as a console server.  I'm not using that anymore, but I've
" > installed it, and it runs fine on other slower hardware (SparcStation
" > 5, 68030/68040 macs).  I'm just not sure I'd run X on that, though..
"
" I ran Mozilla on an SM40-based SS630.  It was exceedingly slow, but it
" worked.

i ran mozilla 1.1 [i think...  the only ver i could find precompiled
for s2.6] on my 128M ss2-weitek.  the first time i launched it, i
thought it had crashed my system it was sooo ssslllooowww in
launching.  it was also slow in responding to mouseclicks.  it was
actually faster running on a friend's isp account with the x display
ssh-tunnelled back over my 33.6k dialup.