[rescue] help with sym22801 in blade 100

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 10 13:16:01 CDT 2006

Mon, 10 Jul 2006 @ 10:48 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: James Braid <jamesb at loreland.org>
> >Date: Mon Jul 10 08:21:57 CDT 2006
> >To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [rescue] help with sym22801 in blade 100
>
> >speaking of SGI, I just noticed they have announced end-of-production as
> >of the end of December this year for all their current MIPS-based
> >products (Origin 350, 3900, Tezro, and Fuel). bit of a shame.
>
> Well, bankruptcy is a great opportunity to simplify the product line...

This is what their new executives meant by "putting the company back on
track"?

That's a serious shame.  Yet another Intel alternative going away.

Different architectures help keep programmers and compiler writers
honest, and help us discover things we wouldn't see otherwise.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]